Saturday, June 6, 2015

6 Ways To Style A Black & White Striped Dress

Unique Geek: 6 Ways To Style A Black & White Striped Dress #plussizeoutfits #blackandwhitestripeddress #maxidress

Sometimes, it's hard to think of different ways to style a certain piece of clothing. It's easy to get into that rut with something and only wear it one way. That's why I'm here today to help you out!

With layered denim and camo. When you think about stripes, you don't normally think about wearing camouflage with them, do you? I find that it surprisingly looks cute. It gives some edge and uniqueness to your whole outfit. I actually saw one of my favorite fashion and lifestyle bloggers pull it off. You can read about that in my post HERE. I did a style steal with one of the looks that I saw her wearing. I gotta say, I'm lovin' it! (By the way, I know you just sang that McDonald's jingle in your head right now)

Unique Geek Style Steal: Merrick's Art #plussize #plusizefashion #merricksart #merrick #uniquegeek   Today, I decided to do some Style Stealing for the blog and I went with one of my favorite lifestyle bloggers, Merrick from Merrick's Art. Please check out her blog! Click HERE to check it out! Something I love about her blog, is that it is full of wonderful pictures of fashion inspiration. She seems like such a kind person and I know you would love her...KEEP READING

With a black tee and leather jacket. Nothing is more classic and easy to pull off than a leather jacket. Am I right, ladies? If you don't have one, you must get one! In my opinion, it's a staple that should be in every woman's closet. You don't have to spend a lot either. The one I'm wearing in this photo cost me $25 at Ross. That's a good deal for a faux leather jacket. I highly suggest checking out discounted places and thrift stores to find an awesome one. Like the first look, the faux leather jacket toughens up this striped maxi.

Unique Geek- Plus Size OOTD: Leather Fever #plussizefashion #plussize #ootd #fashion #winterfashion Since it's definitely freezing outside now, I decided to throw on a leather jacket for some extra warmth. I love leather jackets! They are some of my favorite things to look at and wear. The one I'm wearing is nice and padded inside...KEEP READING

With a bright scarf. Amidst all of that black and white, it's nice to see a bright pop of color standing out. It looks gorgeous and gives new life to your striped maxi. Here, I chose a thick ombre purple one. A scarf with different textures also gives a unique feel to the outfit. Choose your color!

Unique Geek- Plus Size OOTD: Pops Of Purple #plussizeoutfits #plussize #plussizeblogger #uniquegeek

With other patterns. If you have read this blog in any length of time, you know that I love mixing prints and patterns. It spices up your outfit and adds lots of interest. Here, I mixed houndstooth and aztec print along with the stripes. When you think of those patterns, it sounds like it would be a busy mess, but in fact it's just the opposite. Look for patterns in the same color family to mix together. I made sure that my patterns were black and white. They surprisingly flow together to make an interesting outfit. Pattern mixing doesn't have to be scary. Start off slow if you feel uncomfortable and just try mixing patterns by using a scarf.

Unique Geek- Plus Size OOTD: B+W Pattern Mixing #patternmixing #blackandwhite #plussize #plussizefashion

With a shirt over your dress. Not only can you wear your black and white striped dress...as a dress, but you can also wear it as a skirt! Just throw on any shirt over your dress and it will magically transform into a skirt. Seriously, it's magic. ;) You can throw on a cute, relaxed tee, or a solid color shirt like I did here. I let my shirt be my pop of color, but it's really up to you on if you want a graphic tee or not. I dig graphic tees with striped dresses.

Plus Size OOTD: Stripes & Red #plussize #plussizefashion #ootd #stripes #church #modest #fashion

With a cardigan. I know, I know. This one is a no-brainer. There are thousands upon thousands of cardigans out there. You don't have to just stick to a black one like I did. You could go with a bright color, or even a patterned one. You do you, girl!

Unique Geek: Plus Size OOTD: Jailhouse Rock #plussizeoutfit #plussizefashion

 

2 comments:

  1. Wow, Jess...This is great! I'm such a stickler for wearing the same clothes over and over in the same way. What great advice! ... Now I feel fashionably boring 😐

    ReplyDelete

Show me some love and comment! Please be kind. Any rude or nasty comments will simply be deleted.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...