Saturday, June 13, 2015

6 Ways To Style A Black & White Shirt

Unique Geek: 6 Ways To Style A Black & White Shirt #plussizefashion #blackandwhitestripedshirt #blackandwhite #plussizestyle

 A few days ago, I showed you 6 Ways To Style A Black & White Dress. Today, I'm showing you how to style a black and white tee six ways. Let's get to it!


With a pop of color. Black and white itself is very versatile. Something  you can do to switch it up a bit is by pairing it with a bright color like the yellow skirt I'm wearing. No matter what color you choose, it will be guaranteed that you'll look fabulous!


With sneakers. By adding sneakers to your black and white ensemble, you instantly made it look sporty and uber casual. I love my sneakers! Any opportunity I can use to wear them is good enough for me. ;) If your sneakers are black and white, it makes the look even more awesome since it's going with your whole "neutral black and white" theme.


With a cropped cardigan. I love cardigans, but in the summer, it's way too hot to wear one. Instead of getting a traditional cardigan, purchase a light, thin, short sleeved, cropped one. It's so much more breathable and you don't end up passing out from heat stroke! Black and white stripes are going to look good with everything, including your lightweight cardigan.


With layers. I absolutely love, love, love layering. Unfortunately, it's currently too hot to do that, but you can still use this idea as inspiration for the cooler months ahead. Adding layers to something as simple as a black and white tee really makes things interesting and breaks textures up a bit. I find that layering is more aesthetically pleasing to the eye and completely transforms a simple black and white tee! In this look, I layered a flowy cardigan with a denim vest over it. I actually made a tutorial on how to make your own denim vest. You can CLICK HERE to check it out! Since then, I've added more studs. ;)

Unique Geek Plus Size OOTD: Happy Thanksgiving! #plussize #plussizefashion  Since today is of course, Thanksgiving, I decided to throw on comfy pieces while still keeping it cute. I am all about comfort. If I don't feel confident and comfortable in what I'm wearing, you best believe I'm going to change into something else.   All these layers are perfect for this Fall weather. I put these layers together with the intention of taking...KEEP READING

With a leather jacket. A leather jacket is a staple that I believe every woman should have in her wardrobe. If you know me at all, you know I'm dirt cheap, so I purchased this faux leather jacket in the picture below at Ross. It was even on sale. The angels definitely sang when my eyes feasted upon that beauty! Not only can adding a leather jacket to your black and white striped tee toughen it up, but it can also help keep you warm in those cold months. 

5 Ways To Mix Prints With A Leopard Scarf #plussizefashion #fallfashion #mixingprints  Unique Geek

With another pattern. I love mixing patterns. If you do it right, you won't look tacky. I promise. Start off slow like I did here. I mixed my black and white striped tee with a plaid button up. In my button up, it has black and white colors both in it. That's why it works with the shirt. If you find the same colors in something printed, it makes it easier to mix patterns. In our brains, it seems like it wouldn't work, but surprisingly, it does.

Plus Size OOTD: Pattern Mixing Pro #plussizefashion

I hope these tips have been helpful! If they have, or if they have inspired you, let me know in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show me some love and comment! Please be kind. Any rude or nasty comments will simply be deleted.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...