Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Breakfast Granola Recipe


I love granola. It's one of the most delicious things you could eat for breakfast, in my opinion. A few years ago, I was scouring the good old Internet for easy, granola recipes that I could fix. I found one that I liked, but I didn't have half of their ingredients on there, so I modified it to make it my own. 

I decided to make my version of this granola recipe looser instead of being able to cut into it. I love to eat this as cereal with milk. It's delicious! I love making it the night before because it saves time making yourself breakfast in the morning. If you try this recipe out, please let me know!

_______________


4 cups old-fashioned oats
1/2 cup light brown sugar, packed
1/2 cup pecans
1/2 cup raisins
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/3 cup canola oil
1/4 cup honey
1 tablespoon vanilla
_________________


In a large bowl, mix oats, brown sugar, pecans, fruit, cinnamon, and salt. In a microwave-safe bowl, heat canola oil and honey until warm, about 30 seconds. Remove from heat and whisk in vanilla extract. Pour this mixture over the oat mixture and mix thoroughly until everything is completely coated. Spread evenly on a greased cookie sheet. Bake at 300 degrees for about 20 minutes until slightly golden brown. Don't stir during baking. Cool completely and store in an airtight container or ziploc bag.


NOTE: There are a 3,103 calories in this recipe which makes about 7 1/2 cups. That makes about 207 calories for every 1/2 cup of granola.



NOTE: You could also replace the raisins for any kind of fruit you like. You can switch this up and make it your own like I did. 



4 comments:

Show me some love and comment! Please be kind. Any rude or nasty comments will simply be deleted.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...