Saturday, February 15, 2014

How To: Fishtail Braid

I always thought that the Fishtail Braid looked really, really complicated. What I thought would be one of the hardest braids to learn, is actually one of the easiest. Once you get the hang of it, it's as easy as a regular old braid! I can now do it without even looking in a mirror!


What You'll Need:
- Hair tie or elastic
- Hairbrush
- Spray bottle filled with water (optional)

Step 1: Brush your hair. This is a very important step! It's the first thing you should always do before attempting any kind of hairstyle. It prevents tangles, broken hairs, and messy hairdos. After you've brushed your hair, you can lightly spray the hair with water to make it slightly damp if you'd like. This will make it easier to braid the hair. Do not over do it! You just want the hair to be damp, not soaking wet. I didn't have a spray bottle available to me, so I just braided with dry hair.

Step 2: Split your hair into two sections.

Step 3: Take a smaller section of hair from the bigger section of hair, and cross it over to bring it to the other side.

Step 4: Take a small section of hair from the other side, and cross it over to bring it to the other side. Continue this step all the way to the bottom.

This is what it looks like when you have fishtailed halfway down the hair shaft.

You're done! You've done the fishtail braid! With some practice and patience, you can easily achieve this hairstyle. Just keep trying! Don't give up!

Here's a closeup of the fishtail braid.

I just wanted to say a huge thank you to my sister, Liz, for being my hair model! 

3 comments:

Show me some love and comment! Please be kind. Any rude or nasty comments will simply be deleted.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...