Monday, July 20, 2015

Tie-Dye Cupcake Recipe

Unique Geek: Tie-Dye Cupcake Recipe Wanna bake something adorable and a show-stopper at your next party? Check out these tie-dye cupcakes! The best part? It's super easy! #recipes #cooking #howto #tie-dye #food

Unique Geek: Tie-Dye Cupcake Recipe

Unique Geek: Tie-Dye Cupcake Recipe

Unique Geek: Tie-Dye Cupcake Recipe

Unique Geek: Tie-Dye Cupcake Recipe

Unique Geek: Tie-Dye Cupcake Recipe

Lately, I have been itching to bake something. One of my very favorite things to bake is a glorious treat that we all call cupcakes! They're definitely a crowd-pleaser and are cute to boot! You can come up with endless ways to bake them, make the frosting, and add all the decorations you'd like. Who wouldn't want a delicious tie-dyed cupcake? That's what we're making today!

I've been watching copious amounts of baking tutorials on Youtube and I'm not even sorry about it. Haha Several women have inspired me to get back into baking again and it feels good to get back into that hobby. 

This recipe is super easy, so even if you are a first time baker, you'll be able to follow along. If you have any questions about the recipe or anything pertaining to the cupcakes, please let me know! I'd like to help in any way I can. 

Cupcake Batter: 
1 box of Orange Cake Mix

Buttercream Frosting:
2 1/2 sticks of Butter
5 cups of Powdered Sugar
1 tsp. Vanilla Extract
1-2 tbsp. Skim Milk

*I used the Buttercream Frosting recipe from the lovely woman on Youtube known as "My Cupcake Addiction." I changed the recipe just ever so slightly. Click HERE to view the video to see the original recipe. Please watch her video! Seeing her in action making the frosting really helps to answer questions you may have about making it. 

How To Get The Tie-Dye Effect: 

What You'll Need:
Ziplock Bags
Scissors

#1 Once you have made your buttercream frosting, separate it into different small bowls so that you can color it with food coloring.
#2: After you have colored your frosting to the colors you desire, grab a large or small Ziplock Bag.
#3. Spoon one of your colored frosting colors into the right side of the Ziplock bag. 
#4. Take a different color of frosting and spoon it in the left side of your bag.
#5. Close your Ziplock and make sure there is no air left in it. 
#6. Use the side of your hand to slide both colors of frosting to the bottom corner of the Ziplock bag. The two colors will meet in the middle. When you squeeze it out, it will create a swirled, tie-dyed effect. 
#7. Cut off the bottom tip of the ziplock bag where you pushed your frosting. I would suggest cutting the tip no larger than the tip of your pinkie finger. Then, squeeze your frosting onto your cooled cupcakes and viola! You're done!

If you are still confused by what I just tried to explain, Click HERE to watch "My Cupcake Addiction" do this same thing. If you are more of a visual person, like I am, you may want to give it a watch. 

If you try these cupcakes, let me know! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Show me some love and comment! Please be kind. Any rude or nasty comments will simply be deleted.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...