Sunday, February 22, 2015

Sights & Places Of Cookeville, TN

My family and I took a vacation to Cookeville, Tennessee last year and it was wonderful! I live in Tennessee, but not in Cookeville! :) We all really loved visiting and enjoying the things the adorable town had to offer. In all honesty, if I could, I would live in Cookeville. I loved it that much. I have wanted to go back there ever since.

The first place my family and I went to was Burgess Falls. You can read more about it here. We hiked all along the trails to get to the waterfall. The view was breathtaking. The falls are so gorgeous! We were super tired and sweaty from the workout, but it was worth it. There's a great feeling that comes with the success of reaching your destination after hard work of getting there.




We also visited Cane Creek Park for a whole day. You can read more about Cane Creek Park here. We all loved it! It's a wonderful place to take your family. It's definitely family friendly.  


There is a place there where they keep all of these geese. There are hundreds of them just wandering around this certain area. They come straight toward you because they think you have food! It's actually slightly terrifying! haha Most of the people that look at these geese feed them bread. I would suggest bringing bread or something to feed them. They definitely aren't afraid of people. They come right up to toddlers and everything. It's a little scary for some of the toddlers because some of the geese are as big as they are. Don't worry, kids, I would be scared too.




My dad and brother like to fish, so Cane Creek Park was perfect for them! There were lots of places for them to go fishing. The view was gorgeous as well! I'm definitely not a fishing kind of girl, but I love just relaxing and staring out at the beautiful world that God has made.







The boys decided to walk a very long trail to get to the other side of the lake, so my mom, sister and I followed them. There was a LOT of walking! We were definitely exhausted and sweaty, but if we didn't walk along the long path, we wouldn't have gotten to see some deer that we passed. They were so cute! The deer wasn't skittish or frightened at all. I'm sure that they are used to people walking by. It was adorable because we saw a baby deer with its mama! So cute! I was actually able to get pretty close since they weren't scared.




The picture below shows one of the bridges that we had to walk across during our journey to the other side of the lake. There was actually a snake sliding across it! Aaaaggghhh! Of course, I bolted across the bridge thinking that it would somehow protect me from the snake. hahaha We're pretty sure that the snake was harmless, but it scared us nonetheless. 



Another place we went to was Ralphs Donut Shop! It was completely adorable inside! I wish I could have taken pictures, but I definitely felt like a "tourist." You know how on those old western shows when the stranger walks in a place where everybody knows each other? Yeah...that's what it was like. Everyone was staring at us as if we came from Mars. I assumed that they were locals that came to that shop just about everyday. I kid you not, it was just like a movie. Even through all that, I still took a peek at the inside of the shop. It's adorable! I would love to work in a place like that. CLICK HERE to visit Ralph's Donut Shop Facebook page.


These are the donuts that we got. So good! Don't they all look divine? I absolutely loved the lemon ones!


We also visited the Train Depot! It was so much fun! It's a perfect family activity. I'm positive that all the kids would love it. We even got to go inside of the trains! They were full of all kinds of facts about the depot. It was super cool! I highly suggest going in there and learning about all of the things that they did back then. 


The building that you see below is where you go in to learn more about the trains. The woman that works there is super friendly! You can buy train depot necklaces and bookmarks and other cool souvenir items.CLICK HERE to see more info about the Depot on their Facebook page!












The picture below was taken in one of the trains. 







A favorite food place of ours is definitely Flipp-N Burgers! Ugh, it's so good! You walk in a line and tell them what to put on your burger. They have tons of condiments for you to choose from! The amount of fries they give you is insane! The burgers are very large as well. You definitely get your money's worth eating there. Everything is comfortable and relaxed. It definitely gives off a Five Guys Burgers And Fries kind of feel. We all really enjoyed it. We were so stuffed! Flipp-N Burgers is located inside of the Cookeville Mall. CLICK HERE to check out Flipp-N Burger's Facebook page!




We also went to a restaurant called, Gondola. It was really good. It wasn't out of this world, but the food was good. :) The restaurant was actually really cool inside. I didn't capture anything inside, but I wish I had! 




We also went to Poet's Coffee. I've gotta say that it's one of my favorite places that we went to. Check out Poet's Coffee's Facebook page here. I absolutely LOVED it! I can't wait to go back there.

 Dad asked my brother, my sister, and I where we wanted to go. When he got to me, I told him that I wanted to go to a cute coffee shop with tables and chairs outside like I'd imagine they'd have in Paris. So, he searched on the Internet some coffee places around Cookeville. He found the PERFECT, dream place! It was everything that I had imagined it to be. Right down to the cute table and chairs outside. It really was magical in my opinion.


You should be proud of me because I actually did get a couple of pictures inside! It was amazing! They had homemade jewelry for sale, vinyl records, and all kinds of wonderful things that I love. I wish I had gotten more pictures, but maybe I will be able to next time! Everything was exactly how I imagined it. 

A lot of the college kids come and hang out, use the wifi, and study. They have concerts here too. They even had a couch!! 




While driving by, I tried and tried to snap a picture of this awesome elephant just chilling! I finally got it! Success!

So, would I recommend Cookeville? Absolutely. 100%. I enjoyed everything about it. I always dream of traveling to different places. I'm always wanting to go to somewhere new. Unfortunately, I'm not able to travel like some people can, but I'm able to take a vacation every once in a while. Not very often though, so I'm very thankful for the opportunity to go here even if it's here in Tennessee. 

This trip was amazing and I couldn't have asked for a better one. Thank you, Cookeville, for making us feel welcome and right at home. 

1 comment:

  1. I would love to visit Cookeville. I love the pictures and you describe it as a place I would love!! Loved this blog post!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Show me some love and comment! Please be kind. Any rude or nasty comments will simply be deleted.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...