Sunday, October 6, 2013

Makeup Review: Revlon Colorstay 24 Hour Liquid Foundation


As you can tell by the title, I am reviewing the Revlon Colorstay Liquid Foundation. My foundation is in the shade 110 Ivory. I give this product a 3 1/2 out of 5 stars.

PROS:
* Great Coverage
* Perfect Match
*Thick Consistency (Can be good or bad depending on your preference.)
*You barely have to use any to get great coverage
*I feel like this does last a very long time

CONS:
* Your skin really needs to be moisturized before you put this on.
* Can look cakey in places.
* Kind of sinks into your wrinkles and makes you look old.
* You can tell you have foundation on
*Very hard to get out of bottle because it is so thick
*Doesn't have a pump and needed a pump because of how thick it is
*********************************************************************************

I really, really wanted to like this foundation because it was $10 something. I personally think that is pretty expensive to spend money on something that you are going to get every one or possibly two months. Although, I don't put gobs of foundation on my skin, so my foundation does usually last a long time. I think it would last a long time if I really loved it. It seems like it has a lot of product in it. I really hate that it just doesn't work for my skin. 

I don't recommend this foundation if you have any dry skin at all. It just clings to the dryness and makes it look cakey. This could possibly work for oilier or smoother skin. 

Although, I always read/watch reviews about products before I buy them and I heard lots of good things about this foundation. :/ I have combination skin. That means that some parts of my face are oily and some parts of my face are dry. I'd say that I have overall oily skin though. In the winter, it definitely gets dry. In the summer, it's way too oily! My skin is crazy. lol 

While I don't like this foundation, I'm going to use it till it's gone since it was a little pricey for my liking. I will try to see how I can actually get it to work. I'll experiment around with it a little. Maybe I'm just not applying it the best. In the meantime, I am going to look for a different one to try. I'm wanting to try Covergirl Outlast Stay Fabulous Liquid Foundation. It looks real good. So do the reviews. I think it's also only $5. Don't quote me on that! As long as there is a lot of product in there, I'm good. I don't put tons of foundation on my skin anyways, but I like to get my money's worth. We'll see! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show me some love and comment! Please be kind. Any rude or nasty comments will simply be deleted.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...